Sunday, April 02, 2017

hamburger people

I really love Captain Beefheart. He came to me via Zappa who I found thru Powdered Toast Man and Muffin Man. Can we talk about Electricity? Such an epic sizzle this one



I was on yt the other day downloading 8 million Prince videos before they disappear like the ones that preceded them when I came across a Beefheart documentary by John Peel that I'd never seen before. It was so good especially because Zappa was so tender and charming The Magic Band stories of absolute freedom, beans and aggravation were also quite astonishing.



I drew a portrait of Don aka The Captain. Like most geniuses he was so beautiful and strange

"there are only 40 people in the world and 5 of them are hamburgers"
                                                                                          ~Captain Beefheart