Friday, April 07, 2017

Cereal thrilla: My resume rocks



My DIY cereal box resume came out better than I expected given my limited experience in graphic design. It was a lot of fun and a precious reminder of the healing powers of creativity.

The back of the box is my favorite. It is 20 bands drawn literally and it started w David BOWIE.


From top right it is:

The Eagles
The Cranberries
3 Dog Night
311
Korn
Cake
Peaches
The Shore
The Ocean Blue
Marilyn Manson
David Bowie
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Butthole Surfers
Seal
Sublime
Modest Mouse
38 Special
Rob Zombie
Jet
The Flys

One side of the box has a list of nutrition and what makes my operating system so delectable.


I found a free cereal box font creator and used it to create the front of the box and also used the photo from the super fun Trophy Wife photo shoot I did w Ben Britt. That is a Dita Von Teese record by the way.


I drew the pink haired mic holding girl in the toast suit to give the box retro a 70s Josie & The Pussycats flavor. It was supposed to be a spoon instead of a mic but all my spoons looked like sperm and so I went with the vintage Shure brothers PE 55 mic which turned out to be a better choice in the long run and came out so beautifully. The same cannot be said for my poor amp which really needs some help lol



The 4th side of my cereal endeavor has my work history, career highlights and contact info


The contents of the box, like the artist it represents, are adorable & intriguing.  The cereal reflects my Toast Of Radio theme and is shaped like sweet tiny ones. I have a sequined toast costume w butter pasties that brings all of this together for whoever decides I am of value to their creative team


If ****sweeps arm like a rainbow across the sky after all of this I don't get hired somewhere it won't be for lack of trying. My greatest fear is that the kind of radio I excel at is no longer relevant and/or valued. All I can do at this juncture is hope for the best.