Monday, April 03, 2017

Abe

Sit down little ones and let me tell you a story.

There once was a time when creativity and talent were sacrosanct in the realm of radio and being engaged with your community was paramount. I was fortunate to have been a part of this era. It is why I never did caller 9 contests(until I was forced) for anything, instead opting to inspire listeners to bring their own creative juices to the party.

I once had tickets for a movie screening for Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. The contest was simple enough. Draw your stick figure vision of the film. I got about a 100 entries over the course of a week and these were a few of my faves. I wish new era radio didn't constantly under estimate its audience. They will always be up for anything if it is honest, fun and creative